TransGlobal’s solutions, SAMS and StarLight, are able to provide school systems with real-time situational awareness, incident management, data collaboration and event operations. Our solutions allow school systems to have:
- Incident Management: accidents, injuries, altercations, illegal drugs, and/or gang activity, flu epidemics, etc.
- Data Collaboration: a common operating platform across all schools within a certain district or multiple districts
- Event Operations: sports events, large school events (prom, homecoming, etc), evacuation drills/simulations
- Situational Awareness: real-time tracking points of interest and persons of interest (cameras, hospitals, hot spots, gang members, truants, barred individuals)
This functionality provides visual awareness through geo-spatial mapping identification. SAMS and StarLight are the complete single-point resource management solution for public school safety providing protection of tomorrow’s future, today.
Who is currently utilizing our solutions within a school system?
Prince George’s County Public School System in Maryland is currently utilizing SAMS. The Department of School Security requested SAMS to assist them in:
- Monitoring multi-school facilities
- Provision of incident threat analysis and reporting
- Event and resource management planning and response
- Tracking and maintenance of persons of interest (Gang member threat mitigation)
What are the key benefits of a school system utilizing our solutions?
Some key benefits of these solutions include:
- Real-time monitoring of threats within a defined boundary of operations (drugs, gang activity, flu epidemic spread)
- Model tactical operations based on real-time data and event management
- Provide on-demand analyst capabilities with real-time exportable data and tools for effective deployment and tactical operations
- Improve collaboration through real-time data sharing and analysis during inter-agency exercises
- Modular design allowing a tailored approach to implementation needs
- Quantify additional head-count requests and/or deployments based on historical tracking data and reports
- Suspicious Activity Reporting including real-time notification and immediate geo-spatial visual awareness upon entry of each SAR
For more information on our solutions and school safety, click here for our brochure.
The below is a list of information resources for school safety, emergency response and preparedness as well as the latest news related to school threats and other school safety news.
- Recent School Violence Events: Running resume headlining school news for the 2009-2010 school year
- National Statistics on School Violence: Graphs and charts depicting school violence rates over the years
- Teen Violence Statistics: Article containing statistics on school shootings, a profile of people who have participated in school shootings, and tips on how to deal with school violence
- FBI Resources on School Violence: The FBI complied a list of resources related to school violence – all available on public or through public websites
- CDC School Violence Data & Statistics: Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Injury Center provides data and statistics on school violence and school violence prevention
- 11 Facts about School Violence: Dosomething.org provides 11 facts about school violence on their website
- School Violence Prevalence, Fears and Prevention: Research paper provided by the Rand Corporation on school violence
- National Drug Intelligence Center Drugs and Gangs Fast Facts: Department of Justice provides fast facts on topics such as drugs, gangs, young people, crime in the United States, and school violence
- USAToday Mapping School Violence: Map of major United States school killings from 1983 to present with reports
For more information on how we can help protect your school, please contact us at (301) 583-4630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.